Job Title: Product / Senior Product Manager, Fever Disease Portfolio
Reports To: President, Americas Region
Pay Classification: Exempt
The Product Manager / Senior Product Manager, is responsible for the marketing management of Chembio’s Point-of-Care (POC) assay / Fever Disease (Zika, Dengue, Chikungunya, Malaria, etc.) portfolio, and the development of the next-generation product roadmap. This position will drive the development of marketing plans to grow product sales and gain market share. The successful candidate must work closely with the sales and marketing teams, cross-functional internal partners (R&D, Finance, Operations, etc.), and external customers, KOL’s and key stakeholders as the champion of the assigned product portfolio, which includes product / market introduction, training, support, and product life cycle management.
- Define the product portfolio strategy based on customer current and future needs and market research. Market research will include analysis of the global market, customers/consumers, competitor insight and healthcare trends, in particular in relation to point of care (POC) diagnostics.
- Develop customer requirements, product requirements and segmentation, targeting and product positioning for new product launch, including any associated instruments, accessories, and services to assure Chembio meets its growth targets.
- Lead the launch of new products for the assigned product portfolio, and create promotional programs, advertisement campaigns, and customer programs.
- The Product Manager will demonstrate ownership of the product line by leading cross functional teams to drive technological, product and user design requirements, including the creation of Product and User Design Specifications (Design Input Document), and facilitating the resolution of issues. Additionally, this role will communicate with global counterparts, and provide technical expertise, messaging and positioning to aid the sales team.
- Planning, forecasting and managing worldwide pricing, product demand and business analysis, including revenue, margin, average unit pricing, and market share. Work with Finance to prepare reports required to monitor revenue targets, and optimize the execution of strategies.
- Provide ongoing product sales training and customer support. Act as a technical resource for customer and sales force inquires as well as internal cross functional team (R&D, Operations, Regulatory, etc.).
- In conjunction with the leadership team, support the building and maintaining of key opinion leaders in order to provide key insights and support to Chembio’s product development efforts. Build strong relationships with key customers, thought leaders, KOL’s and sales through active communication and field travel.
- Participate in the strategic planning process to develop marketing plans that include positioning, competitive analysis, customer value propositions, targeting/segmentation, pricing, and costing. Assist in developing strategic plans for key markets as well as core business strategies with marketing and sales management.
- Monitor competitive information and trends in the marketplace via information from the sales force, customer interaction, market research, etc. The Product Manager is expected to have a deep understanding of competitive systems and be able to compare technologies to build Chembio’s competitive edge and product positioning.
- Participate in tradeshows, sales meetings, customer visits, etc. to drive product revenue targets.
REQUIREMENTS: EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE & SKILL SETS:
- Bachelors of Science degree in Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry, or other Life Sciences discipline;
- Minimum of 3 years of Marketing experience of Medical Devices (In Vitro Diagnostics experience preferred). Note: ideally have sound knowledge of infectious diseases, particularly Malaria, Dengue Fever, etc.)
- Must be hands-on, well- organized, analytical, creative, and capable of tactical execution and driving results. Experience with marketing plans, product development, and/or product introduction;
- Must be comfortable reporting into a matrix management environment;
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, written and oral communications skills;
- Able to understand the clinical application of Products and have the skills to develop and articulate the technical and business argument to establish expand and defend market share.
- Must be a self-starter, able to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and ability to meet strict deadlines and perform under pressure in a fast-paced work environment.
- Must demonstrate a positive attitude, and a desire and ability to lead / motivate / inspire the sales team to ensure product portfolio revenue targets are achieved.
- Proven ability to lead and influence others, especially with R&D, Regulatory Affairs, and other cross functional partners, sales, high level customers and management.
- Ability and desire to learn technical subject matter in order to provide optimized influence in marketing programs.
- Must be able to travel up to 50% or as required.
- Computer proficiency (MS office Word, PowerPoint and Excel)
Chembio Diagnostic Systems, Inc. is a public company serving the increasing global demand for rapid tests needed for the effective prevention and treatment of infectious diseases and other conditions.
Located minutes off the Long Island Expressway in Medford, NY, Chembio operates a research and manufacturing facility that is registered with the US FDA.
We offer a pleasant working environment, competitive salary based upon experience, and an excellent benefit package. For immediate consideration, please send resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.orgFor more information about Chembio Diagnostic Systems Inc., please visit our website at www.chembio.com
Chembio is an Equal Opportunity Employer.