Job Title: Project Manager- R&D
Department: Research and Development
Reports To: Chief Science and Technology Officer
Pay Classification: Exempt
The role of the project manager is to plan and assure execution of R&D projects according to established deadlines and budget. This includes coordinating the efforts of team members and third party contractors to achieve expected deliverables according to plan. In addition, this role utilizes expertise and leadership skills to direct staff and to resolve issues to ensure project goals and requirements are met.
Duties & Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Driving development according to the R&D Operating Model and serving as the project plan owner with responsibility for managing and communicating all aspects of project plans as needed by the organization. This includes organizing and conducting project team meetings, including publishing meeting minutes and tracking action items to completion.
- Developing project plans, resource plans, financial plans, project goals, etc. and ensuring linkage to overall Business Field plans to ensure delivery of the project on-time, scope, quality, and budget.
- Defining the project objectives and overseeing quality control throughout the project life cycle.
- Coordinating with multiple disciplines as required to drive completion of the project as needed and manages cross functional issues / plans. Interact closely with R&D staff and Finance to track scientific effort (man hours) using established templates, and monitor and report progress.
- Must be familiar with the Project scope and objectives, as well as the role and function of each team member, in order to effectively coordinate the activities of the team. This includes developing a solid understanding of product technical requirements in order to assess progress in achieving technical milestones.
- Implementing and maintaining standard project management methodologies & tools.
- Responsible to support Governance planning and approval processes as part of the project team or in support of extended R&D Project Management responsibilities
- Establishing reliable PM processes and meeting cadence for the project. Providing timely visibility to any risks threatening commitment dates, and proactively drives problem solving countermeasures to immediately attack project risks.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a life science, healthcare discipline, or industrial engineering
- 5- 10 years project management experience managing multiple projects, budgets, and timelines
- Experience managing projects /budgets associated with various funding agencies (eg. government, foundations, etc.) / grants preferred.
- Experience interacting with technical areas to support and drive product development, as well as with Finance to track activities in alignment with proposed project plan and budget required.
- Experience with Operations or Process Excellence Programs, and evidence of application of Lean, 5S, Kaizen or Six Sigma methodologies helpful.
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications, Visio and Visual.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, as well as strong organizational and leadership skills are required.
- Knowledge of cGMP, ISO and FDA guidelines related to industry.
Chembio Diagnostic Systems, Inc. is a public company serving the increasing global demand for rapid tests needed for the effective prevention and treatment of infectious diseases and other conditions.
Located minutes off the Long Island Expressway in Medford, NY, Chembio operates a research and manufacturing facility that is registered with the US FDA.
We offer a pleasant working environment, competitive salary based upon experience, and an excellent benefit package. For immediate consideration, please send resume and salary requirements to email@example.comFor more information about Chembio Diagnostic Systems Inc., please visit our website at www.chembio.com
Chembio is an Equal Opportunity Employer.